Integrating Your Experience And Changing Your Life
You had a profound and remarkable experience during your Ketamine Therapy session, and are now ready to make changes in your life to feel better. So the question at hand is, how do you go about enacting change through the things you learned in your session? That’s a little something we like to call integration. We pride ourselves in offering the very best experiences with ketamine therapy in Bonita Springs, FL.
One of the most important things to remember, though, is that if you don’t make lifestyle changes to go along with your Treatment, then you’re likely to see little progress. If nothing changes, then nothing changes. That’s why it’s incredibly important to start to make lifestyle changes and implement healthy practices after going through Ketamine Treatments. This can help set you up for success after your Treatment. You can’t keep doing the same things you were doing before. Stay involved in our community to keep yourself accountable and get the most out of your Treatments.
What Exactly Is Integration regarding Ketamine Therapy?
Integration is the process of reflecting upon and then acting on the things that you learned and the insights you gained during your Ketamine Therapy treatment. Remember to be gentle with and kind to yourself.
As you look back on your Ketamine Treatment, we suggest you journal your experiences, insights, and anything that may have come to you during (or after) your session. Consider some changes that you can make in your everyday life – whether big or small – that will eventually lead you on a new and better path.
Things To Do To Support Your Integration:
- Express your emotions surrounding the things you experienced through creative means: journaling, poetry, music, art, and more
- Meditate and tune into your body
- Listen to your intuition
- Discuss your experience with supportive friends and/or family members, but make sure to self-reflect on your own prior to sharing
- Start something new! Yoga, hiking, swimming, getting rid of an unhealthy habit, starting a new healthy habit, or doing any other activity that brings you joy
- Set up an appointment with one of our therapists the day after your session to help you process your experience
- Consider finding a Life Coach or try other self-improvement courses
- Join our MY Self Wellness community. We host integration circles & groups!
Remember, if nothing changes, nothing changes. We cannot solely rely on medicine. The medicine works, but if you do not actively want to change, you will fall back into unhealthy habits. Ketamine is a catalyst for change. It opens a window. It is up to you whether you keep the window open–or close it.
Things Not To Do After Your Session:
- Take your experience literally. Oftentimes, it can be symbolic
- Make a dramatic life change right away
- We love having clients as advocates of Ketamine Therapy, but it’s important to remember that it’s not for everyone and not to push your experience onto others; so just keep that in mind when sharing your experience with others
Be Patient With Yourself
You may not have had the most profound Ketamine-induced altered state of consciousness, or you may have had it but can’t recall any of it—or maybe you’ve lost your drive and enthusiasm to make the necessary changes. Please remember, that’s okay, and the medicine is still working! Be patient with yourself and kind to yourself. As the days pass after your therapy session, you may get new insights that were not previously available to you. Commitment, responsibility, and courage are required for the changes you wish to make. All of this is already within you, and it just has to be reawakened. It can take time. Be patient.
If you have any other questions or concerns related to your Ketamine Therapy session, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We want to ensure that you are as comfortable as possible before you have your next session, and we’ll do whatever we can to help. We hold your hand every step of the way.
Set Another Intention For Your Future
We recommend that you set yourself a new intention immediately following your Ketamine Therapy session. This will be your intention for your future. Your Ketamine Therapy session opened your mind, and you likely gained a lot of insights or felt a lot of emotions. So you now have the opportunity to channel that newfound energy into tangible steps, and establishing a new intention will allow you to focus your integration efforts. Some examples of new intentions include:
“Meditate once a day.”
“Be patient with others and myself.”
“Every day, do something that makes me happy.”
“Be thankful and grateful for everything I have.”
Thank you for allowing us to assist you on your healing journey!